Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Charm Pack Quilt for a New Prince Charming

A dear friend of mine was expecting her first baby.  So of course, I HAD to make her a quilt!!!  Her and her husband decided to go "old school" (which I love!!!) and not find out the gender of their little miracle.  While I decided to do the same with both of my children, you probably know just how hard it is do find the perfect fabric for a great gender-neutral quilt.  Well, of course I turned to Moda, the greatest fabric manufacturer in my opinion.  And anytime I can use precuts, I am a happy girl.  Even though I have been sewing for awhile, I am still one of the worst cutters of square fabric in the world!!!
Armed with 2 charm packs (which I didn't use completely) and some jelly roll strips, I came up with the simple quilt design.  It is just 6 vertical rows of 9 squares with strips in between.  And my favorite backing for a baby quilt is our 100% Cotton Chenille - it get softer every time you wash it.
Here is the mama-to-be with the classic "tummy shot"... doesn't she look adorable!!!
And just the other day, this adorable little man made his entrance into the world.  I can't wait to get my hands on this little guy and cuddle him up :)  But knowing how life goes after bringing home the baby, I'll give mama a few weeks before I show up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails